Skip to main content

title change/restart after vfs update

4 replies [Last post]
bloomfield
Offline
Joined: 2008-01-28
Points: 0

Hello everybody,

in the book it's said, that a title change by the player is required to make changes effective.
What would be the easiest way to restart the current title(playlist?)application after updating VFS?

Cheers

Reply viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Joe Rice

Chihiro,

We generally do this with
org.bluray.ti.selection.TitleContext.start(). There are some notes in
the Javadocs for this method about VFS updating.

Note that if you're restarting the current title, the app_restart
argument must be set true.

Also note that as of the 2.1 and higher specs, when the player
transitions into the VFS Updating state from the Prepared state, both
service-bound and service-unbound applications will be terminated.
(And relaunched based on the BDJO configuration of the title being
started). In 2.0 service-unbound apps weren't affected, but now
everything gets killed.

Cheers,
Joe

On Apr 8, 2008, at 5:33 AM, bd-j-dev@mobileandembedded.org wrote:

> Hello everybody,
>
> in the book it's said, that a title change by the player is required
> to make changes effective.
> What would be the easiest way to restart the current
> title(playlist?)application after updating VFS?
>
> Cheers
> [Message sent by forum member 'bloomfield' (bloomfield)]
>
> http://forums.java.net/jive/thread.jspa?messageID=268154
>
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> To unsubscribe, e-mail: bd-j-dev-unsubscribe@hdcookbook.dev.java.net
> For additional commands, e-mail: bd-j-dev-help@hdcookbook.dev.java.net
>

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: bd-j-dev-unsubscribe@hdcookbook.dev.java.net
For additional commands, e-mail: bd-j-dev-help@hdcookbook.dev.java.net

chihiro_saito
Offline
Joined: 2006-11-08
Points: 0

Joe,

You probably meant to address someone else. :-) Meanwhile this is good stuff and pretty timely for our team as well, vfs topic just came up last week with Bill. Thanks!

Best,
Chihiro

Joe Rice

Whoops, I read bloomfield's cheers as Chihiro! Where'd my reading
comprehension go?!?!

Chihiro, I mean Cheers,
Joe

On Apr 8, 2008, at 12:41 PM, bd-j-dev@mobileandembedded.org wrote:

> Joe,
>
> You probably meant to address someone else. :-) Meanwhile this is
> good stuff and pretty timely for our team as well, vfs topic just
> came up last week with Bill. Thanks!
>
> Best,
> Chihiro
> [Message sent by forum member 'chihiro_saito' (chihiro_saito)]
>
> http://forums.java.net/jive/thread.jspa?messageID=268238
>
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> To unsubscribe, e-mail: bd-j-dev-unsubscribe@hdcookbook.dev.java.net
> For additional commands, e-mail: bd-j-dev-help@hdcookbook.dev.java.net
>

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: bd-j-dev-unsubscribe@hdcookbook.dev.java.net
For additional commands, e-mail: bd-j-dev-help@hdcookbook.dev.java.net

Bill Foote

Joe Rice wrote:
> Whoops, I read bloomfield's cheers as Chihiro! Where'd my reading
> comprehension go?!?!

I'm sure there's a joke in here somewhere about
filesystem updates and synchronization and data
loss, Whoopi. Oops, misread your "whoops" - I
mean Ms. Goldberg. Make that Condoleeza. No,
wait, Mr. Rice.

Bill

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: bd-j-dev-unsubscribe@hdcookbook.dev.java.net
For additional commands, e-mail: bd-j-dev-help@hdcookbook.dev.java.net