Skip to main content

How to compile programs to run with phoneMe advanced

5 replies [Last post]
tellmemore
Offline
Joined: 2008-03-05

I downloaded the binary version from the site but could not figure out how can i get my test programs running on that ?? Which compiler is to be used and what options to set.
will u plz explain it with helloworld program. I could run tests that come with this but could not find out how to compile my test.java into a class file.
Also how can i get this work in arm board which toolchain to use etc

--Rohit

Reply viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Hinkmond Wong

phonemeadvanced@mobileandembedded.org wrote:
> I downloaded the binary version from the site but could not figure out how can i get my test programs running on that ?? Which compiler is to be used and what options to set.
> will u plz explain it with helloworld program. I could run tests that come with this but could not find out how to compile my test.java into a class file.
> Also how can i get this work in arm board which toolchain to use etc
>

Hi Rohit,

It depends which binary you downloaded on how you would created a test
application. For the phoneME Advanced MR2 Linux/ARM binary, you would
create a CDC/FP/Personal Basis app and you can follow the instructions
found at:

http://java.sun.com/javame/reference/docs/cdc_runtime_guide.pdf
(See: Chapter 8, Developer Tools and Chapter 4, Running Applications)

Generally, you want to use the javac compiler. For details read through
the runtime guide above.

For a HelloWorld app, in general you build like this:

javac -source 1.4 -target 1.4 -classpath btclasses.zip:basis.jar
HelloWorld.java

And run like this:

bin/cvm -cp
HelloWorld

To get this to work on an ARM board, try copying the bin/ and lib/
directories from the phoneME Advanced MR2 download for Linux/ARM and in
a shell on the board try a test:

bin/cvm -version

If that produces a good output, then you can use the binary as is.

Hinkmond

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: advanced-unsubscribe@phoneme.dev.java.net
For additional commands, e-mail: advanced-help@phoneme.dev.java.net

tellmemore
Offline
Joined: 2008-03-05

Hi Hinkmod thanks for ur reply. I was trying with javac but was not using 1.4 while compiling.Anyways now its working for me.I tested with simple classfile and jar file. Still not bing able to figure out how can i achieve same thing with phoneme_feature though.

All i I want to do is get simple Helloworld program work on phoneme_feature and advanced.

-- Rohit

Hinkmond Wong

phonemeadvanced@mobileandembedded.org wrote:
> Hi Hinkmod thanks for ur reply. I was trying with javac but was not using 1.4 while compiling.Anyways now its working for me.I tested with simple classfile and jar file. Still not bing able to figure out how can i achieve same thing with phoneme_feature though.
>
> All i I want to do is get simple Helloworld program work on phoneme_feature and advanced
>

Hi Rohit,

Glad to hear the simple pMEA HelloWorld worked out for you. For pMEF,
if you have a specific question that you have about running a HelloWorld
MIDlet, you might want to try the feature@phoneme.dev.java.net forum:

http://forums.java.net/jive/forum.jspa?forumID=99

Hinkmond

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: advanced-unsubscribe@phoneme.dev.java.net
For additional commands, e-mail: advanced-help@phoneme.dev.java.net

tellmemore
Offline
Joined: 2008-03-05

I have already posted my question there but looks like no one is interested or it is so simple that it should not be asked. Anyways i will try to figure it out how to do it or ask one more time.
I have not spent lot of time with it yet.I am just trying out different jvm implementation on my arm board. once done, i will see what is the issue with pMEF helloworld Midilet.

Find my question at.

http://forums.java.net/jive/thread.jspa?threadID=37644&tstart=0

Also as you r expert in this domain i would also like you to answer my question @

http://forums.java.net/jive/thread.jspa?threadID=37876

--Rohit

Hinkmond Wong

phonemeadvanced@mobileandembedded.org wrote:
> I have already posted my question there but looks like no one is interested or it is so simple that it should not be asked. Anyways i will try to figure it out how to do it or ask one more time.
> I have not spent lot of time with it yet.I am just trying out different jvm implementation on my arm board. once done, i will see what is the issue with pMEF helloworld Midilet.
>
> Find my question at.
>
> http://forums.java.net/jive/thread.jspa?threadID=37644&tstart=0
> --Rohit

I'm cross-posting to the feature@phoneme.dev.java.net forum group/mail
alias.

Hi PhoneME Feature team,

Can someone please answer Rohit's question above, or point him to a Web
page or TWiki page to help him get started with running a HelloWorld
MIDlet with phoneME Feature?

Thanks,

Hinkmond

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: advanced-unsubscribe@phoneme.dev.java.net
For additional commands, e-mail: advanced-help@phoneme.dev.java.net