BDJ vs HDMV Mode
We have clients wondering about BD-Live based on what they read about CES 2008.
I have some questions that I can not seem to find anywhere so I am posting them here.
1. Where is the official BD Spec versions for each player, in other words when I'm looking at a player how can I tell which spec it supports?
2. Is it required that each CE manufacture develop/co-develop their own VM or is Sun providing a VM for the devices?
3. If there is a VM that sun is providing is it possible to obtain this VM as the one to test with? You might ask why what does it matter but if you've developed a Java Application for enterprise systems you'll know that using the IBM VM makes a world of difference when it comes to testing your application for performance.
4. Has anyone (Hollywood Studio) created a BD-J Disc, as in the ENTIRE disc is all done in BD-J expect for maybe the First Play title which could be in HDMV?
5. Do you currently recommend creating a disc with only BD-J? If so are there any performance, and compatibility issues that should be considered?
6. Is there compiled a list of players that handle BD-J well and those that do not?
These questions will help me direct our clients interested in "BD-LIVE" brilliant marketing by the way giving the network connectivity to a box a name. Got my clients attention!
Thank you in advanced.