Trace Modeler v0.9.96, smart UML sequence diagram editor
Trace Modeler is an easy-to-use and smart editor for UML sequence diagrams.
It runs on any platform that supports Java 5 and is being used on Win2K, WinXP, Vista, MacOSX and various Linux distributions.
Check out this 30 sec demo movie and download Trace Modeler to try it yourself.
What's it for?
People use it to document existing systems or brainstorm new designs.
- Have you ever pondered the design of a solution before coding it?
- Are you convinced that documenting key interactions is a worthwhile investment?
- Do you find that drawing UML sequence diagrams is harder than it ought to be?
If so, then Trace Modeler might just be the tool for you! It instantly updates the diagram layout, freeing you to focus on the actual content .
Why use it?
Think about the last time you had to deal with sequence diagrams, where did you spend most of your time? On the actual content or struggling with shapes and layout issues?
Trace Modeler has a couple of neat and innovative features that make working with sequence diagrams a pleasant experience... How's that for a change?
- Whenever you make a change, the layout adjusts instantly and automatically. No more wrestling with shapes or connectors!
- The look and layout of your diagrams are controlled by style settings and easily changed
- Your diagrams are always visually pleasing and structurally correct
- It has a simple text-based file format, ideal for generation and version control systems
It will save you a tremendous amount of time, plain and simple.
In fact, working with Trace Modeler is so time efficient that prototyping with sequence diagrams is finally feasible!
Is it buzz compliant?
You bet :o) It has transparency effects, animations, cross-platform L&F, zoomable UI, WYSIWIG, drag & drop, in-place text editing and more!
Where can I get it?
You can download a fully functional trial version here
Trace Modeler has entered the final beta phase (currently at v0.9.96), any feedback will be much appreciated!
Thank you for your time.