Skip to main content

Verify a BD-J authoring

4 replies [Last post]
gent2k7
Offline
Joined: 2007-06-25
Points: 0

Hi all,
I'm currently trying to develop some BD-J application. I'va some troubles with Sonic Scenarist solution (black screen) so I wanted to know how do you verify that the blu-ray disc is ok ?
I understand that we can develop some xlet and test it with xletview, yet I don't know how to create a real Blu-ray disc (as we are in the Blu-ray Disc Java section).

Reply viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
bjoern_minkmar
Offline
Joined: 2007-06-11
Points: 0

Hi gent2k7,

As far as i know there is no source-code verifier that you could use.
It would be helpful if you could give more detailed information on what you are currently trying to do.

Let's assume you just want to write a real simple application, that you can mux real quick and verify in the sonic emulator, then you should take a look at the example from Sonics "Blu-ray Tutorial 1B (Hello World)".

Please be aware that testing Xlets with xletview doesn't require any videomaterial, whereas the Sonic emulator needs a background-video to start the Xlet. Otherwise the screen will stay black and nothing will happen.

In case you have used one of the examples from the Sonic Tutorials (and your source code contains a BDLocator, MediaLocator and a Player object amongst other objects), then you should take a second look at the values you have entered when creating the BDJO file.

Hope this helps a little bit.

Cheers,
Björn

Joe Rice

While there aren't source verifiers, the format verification tools
from Sony and Panasonic will check a number of BD-J related items,
such as BDJO configuration, certificate validity, manifest file
structure, class file structure (in some cases), etc. They can be
useful to have on hand.

Cheers,
Joe

On Aug 27, 2007, at 1:38 AM, bd-j-dev@mobileandembedded.org wrote:

> Hi gent2k7,
>
> As far as i know there is no source-code verifier that you could use.
> It would be helpful if you could give more detailed information on
> what you are currently trying to do.
>
> Let's assume you just want to write a real simple application, that
> you can mux real quick and verify in the sonic emulator, then you
> should take a look at the example from Sonics "Blu-ray Tutorial 1B
> (Hello World)".
>
> Please be aware that testing Xlets with xletview doesn't require
> any videomaterial, whereas the Sonic emulator needs a background-
> video to start the Xlet. Otherwise the screen will stay black and
> nothing will happen.
>
> In case you have used one of the examples from the Sonic Tutorials
> (and your source code contains a BDLocator, MediaLocator and a
> Player object amongst other objects), then you should take a second
> look at the values you have entered when creating the BDJO file.
>
> Hope this helps a little bit.
>
> Cheers,
> Björn
> [Message sent by forum member 'bjoern_minkmar' (bjoern_minkmar)]
>
> http://forums.java.net/jive/thread.jspa?messageID=232672
>
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> To unsubscribe, e-mail: bd-j-dev-unsubscribe@hdcookbook.dev.java.net
> For additional commands, e-mail: bd-j-dev-help@hdcookbook.dev.java.net
>

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: bd-j-dev-unsubscribe@hdcookbook.dev.java.net
For additional commands, e-mail: bd-j-dev-help@hdcookbook.dev.java.net

gent2k7
Offline
Joined: 2007-06-25
Points: 0

Hi,
Thnaks to both of you for you advices. I'm currently developping a little BDJ application with Sonic Scenarist. Thanks to Björn, I was able to import my bdjo file into my HDMV project (my mistake concerned a mistake in Sonic' tutorial). The project consist in having a title with interactive elements around it, such as popup-menu, PIP, network connexion, sound effects. The project is just a demo and must show what wa can do with BDJ for the movie industry. Of course it will stille remain simple because I don't have much time.
I've taken a very interested look at the GRIN framework, yet for this particular project I won't use it (but as soon as I finish it, I will).

Joe, you're talking about format verification tools from Sony and Panasonic, yet I've just found that one can have it if, and only if, one is a BDA member. Is that true ? Or can you dowload it freely ?

Joe Rice

Ah, yes, that may be the case that one have either BDA membership or
have licensed the spec. (Both of which are useful, as the spec is
still being finalized, especially around profile 1.1 and profile 2
features.)

They're not free, and not particularly cheap, either, alas. (Maybe
Sun will follow Microsoft's example in the other format and offer
some sort of free validation/verification tool for BD-J. ;)

Cheers,
Joe

On Aug 28, 2007, at 3:04 AM, bd-j-dev@mobileandembedded.org wrote:

> Hi,
> Thnaks to both of you for you advices. I'm currently developping a
> little BDJ application with Sonic Scenarist. Thanks to Bjorn, I was
> able to import my bdjo file into my HDMV project (my mistake
> concerned a mistake in Sonic' tutorial). The project consist in
> having a title with interactive elements around it, such as popup-
> menu, PIP, network connexion, sound effects. The project is just a
> demo and must show what wa can do with BDJ for the movie industry.
> Of course it will stille remain simple because I don't have much time.
> I've taken a very interested look at the GRIN framework, yet for
> this particular project I won't use it (but as soon as I finish it,
> I will).
>
> Joe, you're talking about format verification tools from Sony and
> Panasonic, yet I've just found that one can have it if, and only
> if, one is a BDA member. Is that true ? Or can you dowload it freely ?
> [Message sent by forum member 'gent2k7' (gent2k7)]
>
> http://forums.java.net/jive/thread.jspa?messageID=232877
>
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> To unsubscribe, e-mail: bd-j-dev-unsubscribe@hdcookbook.dev.java.net
> For additional commands, e-mail: bd-j-dev-help@hdcookbook.dev.java.net
>

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: bd-j-dev-unsubscribe@hdcookbook.dev.java.net
For additional commands, e-mail: bd-j-dev-help@hdcookbook.dev.java.net