Skip to main content

[JAI-IMAGEIO] Commercial use of Image IO libs

6 replies [Last post]
Anonymous

Hi,

does somebody knows the price of the commercial use of the Image IO libraries ?

Thanks,
Oliver
--
Der GMX SmartSurfer hilft bis zu 70% Ihrer Onlinekosten zu sparen!
Ideal für Modem und ISDN: http://www.gmx.net/de/go/smartsurfer

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: interest-unsubscribe@jai-imageio.dev.java.net
For additional commands, e-mail: interest-help@jai-imageio.dev.java.net

Reply viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
mjacob@union06.de

>(d) Commercial Use. You may use Software internally for your own commercial
>purposes.
>
>Also der kommerzielle Einsatz für _eigene_ kommerzielle Zwecke. Das wäre z.B.
>für die eigene Buchhaltung etc.
>bzw.

Translation: Commercial use for _own_ commercial purpose e.g. for
own sales department.

Kind regards,
Marco
--
Marco Jacob, PMP
Prisma GmbH, Germany

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: interest-unsubscribe@jai-imageio.dev.java.net
For additional commands, e-mail: interest-help@jai-imageio.dev.java.net

Brian Burkhalter

I think the pertinent document here is this:

http://download.java.net/media/jai-imageio/builds/release/1.1/DISTRIBUTI...

On Thu, 31 May 2007, mjacob@union06.de wrote:

>> (d) Commercial Use. You may use Software internally for your own commercial
>> purposes.
>>
>> Also der kommerzielle Einsatz für _eigene_ kommerzielle Zwecke. Das wäre z.B.
>> für die eigene Buchhaltung etc.
>> bzw.
>
> Translation: Commercial use for _own_ commercial purpose e.g. for
> own sales department.
>
> Kind regards,
> Marco
> --
> Marco Jacob, PMP
> Prisma GmbH, Germany
>
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> To unsubscribe, e-mail: interest-unsubscribe@jai-imageio.dev.java.net
> For additional commands, e-mail: interest-help@jai-imageio.dev.java.net
>
>

----------------
Brian Burkhalter
Java Media, Imaging, and Graphics
Sun Microsystems, Inc.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s)
and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any
unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited.
If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by
reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: interest-unsubscribe@jai-imageio.dev.java.net
For additional commands, e-mail: interest-help@jai-imageio.dev.java.net

O. Pfau

Thanks for your reply. But when I read in LICENSE-jai_imageio.txt in section 3 d) and 3 e)...this sounds for my that the commercial use is not possible as installation on customers system. When does the license readme and when the distribution readme apply ?

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Brian.Burkhalter@Sun.COM [mailto:Brian.Burkhalter@Sun.COM]
Gesendet: Donnerstag, 31. Mai 2007 20:36
An: interest@jai-imageio.dev.java.net
Betreff: Re: [JAI-IMAGEIO] Commercial use of Image IO libs

I think the pertinent document here is this:

http://download.java.net/media/jai-imageio/builds/release/1.1/DISTRIBUTI...
ADME-jai_imageio.txt

On Thu, 31 May 2007, mjacob@union06.de wrote:

>> (d) Commercial Use. You may use Software internally for your own
commercial
>> purposes.
>>
>> Also der kommerzielle Einsatz für _eigene_ kommerzielle Zwecke. Das wäre
z.B.
>> für die eigene Buchhaltung etc.
>> bzw.
>
> Translation: Commercial use for _own_ commercial purpose e.g. for
> own sales department.
>
> Kind regards,
> Marco
> --
> Marco Jacob, PMP
> Prisma GmbH, Germany
>
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> To unsubscribe, e-mail: interest-unsubscribe@jai-imageio.dev.java.net
> For additional commands, e-mail: interest-help@jai-imageio.dev.java.net
>
>

----------------
Brian Burkhalter
Java Media, Imaging, and Graphics
Sun Microsystems, Inc.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s)
and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any
unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited.
If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by
reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

--
Ist Ihr Browser Vista-kompatibel? Jetzt die neuesten
Browser-Versionen downloaden: http://www.gmx.net/de/go/browser

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: interest-unsubscribe@jai-imageio.dev.java.net
For additional commands, e-mail: interest-help@jai-imageio.dev.java.net

bpb
Offline
Joined: 2004-06-23

I guess if no one can redistribute this then we have wasted a lot of time developing this code and making the project available. I am not an attorney and will not interpret the license terms. My personal belief is that there is no problem but I am waiting for more official input on this end.

> Thanks for your reply. But when I read in
> LICENSE-jai_imageio.txt in section 3 d) and 3
> e)...this sounds for my that the commercial use is
> not possible as installation on customers system.
> When does the license readme and when the
> distribution readme apply ?
>
>
>
>
> -----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
> Von: Brian.Burkhalter@Sun.COM
> [mailto:Brian.Burkhalter@Sun.COM]
> Gesendet: Donnerstag, 31. Mai 2007 20:36
> An: interest@jai-imageio.dev.java.net
> Betreff: Re: [JAI-IMAGEIO] Commercial use of Image IO
> libs
>
> I think the pertinent document here is this:
>
> http://download.java.net/media/jai-imageio/builds/rele
> ase/1.1/DISTRIBUTIONRE
> ADME-jai_imageio.txt
>
> On Thu, 31 May 2007, mjacob@union06.de wrote:
>
> >> (d) Commercial Use. You may use Software
> internally for your own
> commercial
> >> purposes.
> >>
> >> Also der kommerzielle Einsatz für _eigene_
> kommerzielle Zwecke. Das wäre
> z.B.
> >> für die eigene Buchhaltung etc.
> >> bzw.
> >
> > Translation: Commercial use for _own_ commercial
> purpose e.g. for
> > own sales department.
> >
> > Kind regards,
> > Marco
> > --
> > Marco Jacob, PMP
> > Prisma GmbH, Germany
> >
> >
> ------------------------------------------------------
> ---------------
> > To unsubscribe, e-mail:
> interest-unsubscribe@jai-imageio.dev.java.net
> > For additional commands, e-mail:
> interest-help@jai-imageio.dev.java.net
> >
> >
>
> ----------------
> Brian Burkhalter
> Java Media, Imaging, and Graphics
> Sun Microsystems, Inc.
>
> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~
> This email message is for the sole use of the
> intended recipient(s)
> and may contain confidential and privileged
> information. Any
> unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution
> is prohibited.
> If you are not the intended recipient, please contact
> the sender by
> reply email and destroy all copies of the original
> message.
> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~
>
>
> --
> Ist Ihr Browser Vista-kompatibel? Jetzt die neuesten
> Browser-Versionen downloaden:
> http://www.gmx.net/de/go/browser
>
> ------------------------------------------------------
> ---------------
> To unsubscribe, e-mail:
> interest-unsubscribe@jai-imageio.dev.java.net
> For additional commands, e-mail:
> interest-help@jai-imageio.dev.java.net

bpb
Offline
Joined: 2004-06-23

Yes: Zero. Same price applies regardless of currency. ;-)

> Hi,
>
> does somebody knows the price of the commercial use
> of the Image IO libraries ?
>
> Thanks,
> Oliver
> --
> Der GMX SmartSurfer hilft bis zu 70% Ihrer
> Onlinekosten zu sparen!
> Ideal für Modem und ISDN:
> http://www.gmx.net/de/go/smartsurfer
>
> ------------------------------------------------------
> ---------------
> To unsubscribe, e-mail:
> interest-unsubscribe@jai-imageio.dev.java.net
> For additional commands, e-mail:
> interest-help@jai-imageio.dev.java.net

O. Pfau

Hi,

thanks...but what about this in the license:

(d) Commercial Use. You may use Software internally for your own commercial purposes.

Also der kommerzielle Einsatz für _eigene_ kommerzielle Zwecke. Das wäre z.B. für die eigene Buchhaltung etc.
bzw.

(e) Service Provider Use. You may make Software functionality accessible (but not by providing Software itself or through outsourcing services) to your end users in an extranet deployment, but not to your affiliated companies or to government agencies.

My understanding is, that I can not buy it and I can not use it on customers machine with installation. Right ?

Thanks.

Oliver

-------- Original-Nachricht --------
Datum: Wed, 30 May 2007 17:56:15 PDT
Von: jai-imageio@javadesktop.org
An: interest@jai-imageio.dev.java.net
Betreff: Re: [JAI-IMAGEIO] Commercial use of Image IO libs

> Yes: Zero. Same price applies regardless of currency. ;-)
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > does somebody knows the price of the commercial use
> > of the Image IO libraries ?
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Oliver
> > --
> > Der GMX SmartSurfer hilft bis zu 70% Ihrer
> > Onlinekosten zu sparen!
> > Ideal für Modem und ISDN:
> > http://www.gmx.net/de/go/smartsurfer
> >
> > ------------------------------------------------------
> > ---------------
> > To unsubscribe, e-mail:
> > interest-unsubscribe@jai-imageio.dev.java.net
> > For additional commands, e-mail:
> > interest-help@jai-imageio.dev.java.net
> [Message sent by forum member 'bpb' (bpb)]
>
> http://forums.java.net/jive/thread.jspa?messageID=219581
>
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> To unsubscribe, e-mail: interest-unsubscribe@jai-imageio.dev.java.net
> For additional commands, e-mail: interest-help@jai-imageio.dev.java.net

--
Ist Ihr Browser Vista-kompatibel? Jetzt die neuesten
Browser-Versionen downloaden: http://www.gmx.net/de/go/browser

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: interest-unsubscribe@jai-imageio.dev.java.net
For additional commands, e-mail: interest-help@jai-imageio.dev.java.net