Will JFileChooser be fixed for Java7?
Now that Java6 is out and Sun is working on Java7 can the Swing team please comment on whether there are plans to fix JFileChooser under Java7? I am expecting it to behave exactly like the native file chooser under Windows. Currently there are countless usability issues (even in Java6) such as:
1) Keyboard navigation using arrow keys sometimes stops working (this is due to some sort of focus problem).
2) Double clicking on a folder sometimes does nothing, sometimes goes into "rename" mode instead of navigating into the folder
3) Auto-completion for folder/file names
4) Hitting ENTER when a folder is selected should never close the dialog and return that folder, even in folder-selection mode. The native behavior is that a folder is only returned if the OPEN button is hit, hitting ENTER on a selected folder navigates into it.
5) Major performance problems. Double-clicking on a folder is far slower in the Swing interface (a matter of seconds) than the native interface (a matter of milliseconds).
I am hoping to hear commitement from Sun to (finally) see this fixed for Java7. In my view, JFileChooser is by far the most broken Swing component out there (with respect to the native L&F).