JSR-179 (Location API)
I am working on a LGPL reference implementation of the JSR-179 (Location API) and would love to contribute my work to this project! How do I go about committing my work?
Some other related questions/comments:-
- I am on OS X, so the only J2ME SDK I have is the MPowerPlayer one, which is not open source... but is pure java. When should I expect PhoneME to work on the mac? I guess my question really is, *why the hell isn't PhoneME written in pure Java*?
- I'd really love to get my hands on a test suite for JSR-179, I'm currently making my own and also comparing with the Nokia reference implementation (the only other implementation I could find, and it's proprietory).
- I don't have a GPRS on my iBook, but I don't think that should be a necessity anyway. I'm going to have a choice of hardcoded/lookup/stochastic location reported by this implementation. If anyone knows how to actually interface with GPRS devices in Java, I'd love to hear from you.
- I might add in some landmarks, but the spec has footprint sizes and I'd hate to break them.
- I might also implement the nokia extensions to this spec if there is enough support.
- Gimme a few days to brush it up for public scrutiny :-)
- Wow... this GPLing of Java just totally passed me by. Must have been distracted. Awesome stuff!