I'm quite concerned that many of the usability features of Looking Glass are being continously being pushed to later versions. Thing's like the color picker were filed for ver. 0.9 and now to 1.1, as others.
- Working with the filesystem is still a mess.
- Woking with removable media is a mess.
- Making the same mistake as apple... Maximize dosen't work for nothing. What if I want my app to take the hole screen?
- Registering applicactions on the menu is hard.
- Video playback lacks HW acceleration.
- Desktop Icons?
- Gadget Support. (Google Desktop)
- An Apple MacOS X ExposÃ© like function.
- Notification Area (with clock).
- Fast User Switching.
- Etc Etc.
My concern basically if Looking Glass is targeting Server Level users (As always SUN does) or is it really targeting to compete with the Vista, MacOS Leopard or Novell SUSE 10 desktops?
No means to be rude, I love LG3D... but at this time, I feel we are falling behind.