Call for help on creating V3 of the Xmpp Resource Adaptor
I know that some people are using the current XMPP Resource Adaptor and I know there are other implementations of the same resource adaptor for SLEE (OpenCloud?), what I would like to see is at least a normalized Resource Adaptor Type. For that we (I'm counting on other interested besides me) need to reach an agreement on:
- Events - I really don't like to have the RA Type binded to Smack API so we need to wrap xmpp stanzas. Should we go for the core message, presence and iq only or should we go further in the last one and implement discover info, etc iq extensions?
- Sbb Interface - Well, there is much interest in creating Server connections so this should be updated too. I like how this component is done today but I'm open to new ideas.
- Activities - There is no real activity object in the current Resource Adaptor. Maybe the right choice will be to use the connection so sbb send replies directly from the ACI recieved instead of the sbb ra interface. What's your idea?
- High Availability - This doesn't exist in Mobicents today but lets make it ready for when that day comes. How should HA be implemented on the Xmpp connection which is TCP and may be secured. How one node can continue the work on a connection that was binded to another node that failed? What about the activities?
- API - Jive Software's interest in including my component code in Smack is unknown so far, they haven't contact me for a while since the first emails exchanged. We also need a Server connection code. Should we go for a branched and lighter version? Should we consider another API?
I hope that this time someone can help, I have a lot of work to do at PTI and this will be mostly done in my spare time.