Skip to main content

JPEG2000 for 32 bit celldepth images

3 replies [Last post]
scyudits
Offline
Joined: 2005-07-15
Points: 0

Hi,

Does ImageIO support JPEG2000 compression of images with 32 bit celldepth? I tried compressing then decompressing, and then viewing the result, and the image produced is wrong. The same code works fine for 8 bit and 16 bit images.

Reply viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Brian Burkhalter

On Thu, 8 Jun 2006, jai-imageio@javadesktop.org wrote:

> Does ImageIO support JPEG2000 compression of images with 32 bit celldepth? I tried compressing then decompressing, and then viewing the result, and the image produced is wrong. The same code works fine for 8 bit and 16 bit images.

Theoretically, I think it should. Are you using unsigned data in all cases? Is
it the native or Java plug-inat issue?

Brian

----------------
Brian Burkhalter
Java Media, Imaging, and Graphics
Sun Microsystems, Inc.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s)
and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any
unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited.
If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by
reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: interest-unsubscribe@jai-imageio.dev.java.net
For additional commands, e-mail: interest-help@jai-imageio.dev.java.net

scyudits
Offline
Joined: 2005-07-15
Points: 0

> On Thu, 8 Jun 2006, jai-imageio@javadesktop.org
> wrote:
>
> > Does ImageIO support JPEG2000 compression of images
> with 32 bit celldepth? I tried compressing then
> decompressing, and then viewing the result, and the
> image produced is wrong. The same code works fine for
> 8 bit and 16 bit images.
>
> Theoretically, I think it should. Are you using
> unsigned data in all cases? Is
> it the native or Java plug-inat issue?
>
> Brian

I've tested with both unsigned 32 bit and signed. I get a wrong result in both cases. I'm using the pure Java plugin (not native).

Brian Burkhalter

On Mon, 12 Jun 2006, jai-imageio@javadesktop.org wrote:

>> On Thu, 8 Jun 2006, jai-imageio@javadesktop.org
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Does ImageIO support JPEG2000 compression of images
>> with 32 bit celldepth? I tried compressing then
>> decompressing, and then viewing the result, and the
>> image produced is wrong. The same code works fine for
>> 8 bit and 16 bit images.
>>
>> Theoretically, I think it should. Are you using
>> unsigned data in all cases? Is
>> it the native or Java plug-inat issue?
>>
>> Brian
>
> I've tested with both unsigned 32 bit and signed. I get a wrong result in both cases. I'm using the pure Java plugin (not native).

It might be the same problem as this one

https://jai-imageio-core.dev.java.net/issues/show_bug.cgi?id=22

Brian

----------------
Brian Burkhalter
Java Media, Imaging, and Graphics
Sun Microsystems, Inc.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s)
and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any
unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited.
If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by
reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: interest-unsubscribe@jai-imageio.dev.java.net
For additional commands, e-mail: interest-help@jai-imageio.dev.java.net