3D Desktops In General
I looked at this project maybe a year ago and see it now, amazing. I have some general questions that I do not have the time to research:
1. Who else is working on 3D desktop managers (Microsoft, Linux, etc) and how does Looking Glass compare?
2. How far away is sun from having a distribution that a non-programmer (typical user) could install? I imagine they are trying to figure out how to get native windows apps to run in this realm.
3. Is Google involved in this project at all?
4. Any experiences to this point with users, trying to get them to think about applications in a 3D way as opposed to 2D?
5. Is there a better way to implement Pico in this environment? <- joking
I'm simply amazed at how this thing is progressing. I currently work as a research scientist and I would really love to attempt writing an app I am currently working on to run in this environment. It would absolutely, positively blow away our sponsors.