Jar Hyper Compression ?
I don't know if I've been in all the wrong places, but I can't find very much information on the hyper compression of Jars, mentioned quite a few times at JavaOne 2003. Can anyone point me in the right direction? I'm primarily interested in getting these questions answered:
1) When will it be released, and used
2) When can we (developers) use it
3) Can it be used when deploying applets and/or apps
4) How about backward compatibility
5) The 30-fold ratio mentioned, that's like incredible. Is this max, normal or min?
6) Is there any catch? ;-)