Impossible to implement context-dependent actions with TargetManager?
I am working on a GUI frame based on JDNC components to be used for many applications here at CERN. I would like to add a functionality of enabling/disabling TargetableActions depending on a context. For now the context means just a currently focused component, but in future, an action could also be enabled/disabled depending e.g. on the user privileges with some role-based access control model.
Do you plan to add such or similar functionality to the actions framework (I noticed some comments in the TargetManagerâ€™s source concerning focus changes)?
Otherwise, to implement this on my own I need access to (taken from a javadoc of TargetManager):
1) Current Targetable object from TargetManager
2) List order of Targetable objects from TargetManager
3) ActionMap entry of the permanent focus owner
4) ActionMap entry of the ancestor hierarchy of the permanent focus owner
5) ActionMap entry of the current Application instance
The problem is that I can access 1, 3, 4 and 5 but I canâ€™t access a list of targets from the TargetManager. I could subclass TargetManager but there is no method setInstance() like in case of ActionManager.