Skip to main content

[Fwd: Re: html editor: ekit]

1 reply [Last post]
Anonymous

JDNC HTML editor/browser.

I've been able to incorporate a *minimal* HTML editor/browser by simply
using JXEditorPane. Alas, it is not quite complete but I feel it is very
close (eg missing are table, ul, image). I feel the remaining work is
likely trivial (eg dialog popup to manage attributes) and I also think
that it is compelling for JDNC to include an HTML editor/browser of it's
own. It has certainly worked out nicely thus far.

Ideas?

thx,

- james

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: html editor: ekit
Date: Mon, 29 Nov 2004 08:41:37 -0800
From: James Todd
Reply-To: users@bloged.dev.java.net
To: users@bloged.dev.java.net
References:

Going with another editor, vs JXEditorPane (from JDNC) is fine except I
think that giving JDNC a go at this space is optimal and if feels like we
are 90% there. Of course, the remaining 10% may be the hard part, not sure.

All that remains are tags like:

table
ui
image

It should be easy to incorporate dialogs that prompt one to complete the
attributes for the above.

hth,

- james

James Todd :: blogs.sun.com/gonzo

Java == platform independence
XML == application independence
JXTA == network independence

Secure End-to-End Computing

Henry Story wrote:
> Using the Protégé OWL Ontology editor the other day, I noticed that they
> had added a little html editor that looked very complete. I looked
> around for it today and found out that they simple used ekit
> The web site has the editor as a
> little demo applet.
>
> Ekit is distributed under the lgpl. It looks very advanced, more so
> perhaps than what we have now which is based on the
> javax.swing.text.html component, and even has spell checking build in
> (though it could be better integrated).
>
> Anyone have a list of pros and cons on that editor? (or any other one
> for that matter)
>
>
> Henry Story
>
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> To unsubscribe, e-mail: users-unsubscribe@bloged.dev.java.net
> For additional commands, e-mail: users-help@bloged.dev.java.net
>

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: users-unsubscribe@bloged.dev.java.net
For additional commands, e-mail: users-help@bloged.dev.java.net

--
James Todd :: blogs.sun.com/gonzo

Java == platform independence
XML == application independence
JXTA == network independence

Secure End-to-End Computing

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: jdnc-unsubscribe@jdnc.dev.java.net
For additional commands, e-mail: jdnc-help@jdnc.dev.java.net

Reply viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
charles.armstrong
Offline
Joined: 2006-02-17

It would be good if stuff like table support were part
of the *general* JXEditorPane rather than specific to the
*JXHTMLEditorPane* is there is such a distinction, and if
that is not already the case.

I would also recommend looking at

https://xhtmlrenderer.dev.java.net/

Which seems to be coming along apace.

Charles.