Skip to main content

bug iin JDNC + JDIC

2 replies [Last post]
netsql
Offline
Joined: 2004-03-07

I tried to report in issues but could not find how to add a bug:

When one uses JDIC, for example to have a web browser inside of your JDNC app, one needs to sign all the jars including JDNC.
jarsigner gives an error when you try to signed the JDNC jar; something about duplicates.

Work arround:
I cvs downloaded the singx package only, and wrote my own ant script w/ no changes, and this time the jarsigner worked.

(if it all works, than boardvu.com will display master detail JDNC + browser. Still the security splash screen is VERY scary to users, looks like a virus blocker).
.V

Reply viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
bino_george
Offline
Joined: 2003-06-16

Hi,

> When one uses JDIC, for example to have a web browser
> inside of your JDNC app, one needs to sign all the
> jars including JDNC.

This is because JDIC uses some native libraries.

> jarsigner gives an error when you try to signed the
> JDNC jar; something about duplicates.
>
Yes, I ran into the same problem. I beleive the problem
is some duplicate resource files or images between the
three components swingx, jdnc and markup.

> Work arround:
> I cvs downloaded the singx package only, and wrote my
> own ant script w/ no changes, and this time the
> jarsigner worked.
>

Yes, If you just use the seperate jars, it works.

> (if it all works, than boardvu.com will display
> master detail JDNC + browser. Still the security
> splash screen is VERY scary to users, looks like a
> virus blocker).
> .V
Yes, no solution to this I am afraid.

Regards,
Bino.

netsql
Offline
Joined: 2004-03-07

Thanks Bino,
We can't give up on it.
I think this is a great case to involve Amy in to help us.
I posted the bug here, please support me:
http://forums.java.net/jive/thread.jspa?threadID=315

.V

>Still the security
> splash screen is VERY scary to users, looks like a
> virus blocker).
> .V
Bino said:

Yes, no solution to this I am afraid.