Skip to main content

[JAVAHELP] jh2.0 javax.help.ReloadAction

6 replies [Last post]
Anonymous

Has anyone tried the javax.help.ReloadAction within a Presentation view
with jh2.0 release version?
If so, does it actually reload an html page in the current view, because I
can't seem to get it to work.

Cheers
Chris.

********************************************************************************

You may leave the list at any time by sending message with no subject and
"SIGNOFF JAVAHELP-INTEREST" in the body to LISTSERV@JAVA.SUN.COM. Archives
are available at http://archives.java.sun.com/archives/javahelp-interest.html.
Submit bug reports at http://java.sun.com/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi.

Reply viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Chris Morris

....but if you are using the hsviewer in a real-time mode (as I do
frequently when authoring html for JavaHelp) and you make a change to the
html content, using the Reload button doesn't appear to pick up the changes
- which leads me to think that it's not actually reloading the html, but
rather re-positioning the existing view?

Roger Brinkley
JAVAHELP-INTEREST@JAVA.SUN.COM
M> cc:
Sent by: Discussion Subject: Re: [JAVAHELP] jh2.0
list of JavaHelp javax.help.ReloadAction
A.SUN.COM>

16/09/2003 17:24
Please respond to
Discussion list of
JavaHelp

Chris Morris wrote:
> Has anyone tried the javax.help.ReloadAction within a Presentation view
> with jh2.0 release version?
> If so, does it actually reload an html page in the current view, because
I
> can't seem to get it to work.
>

That's what it does. Try it in the idedemo -> JDE demo help

Binky

********************************************************************************

You may leave the list at any time by sending message with no subject and
"SIGNOFF JAVAHELP-INTEREST" in the body to LISTSERV@JAVA.SUN.COM. Archives
are available at
http://archives.java.sun.com/archives/javahelp-interest.html.
Submit bug reports at http://java.sun.com/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi.

********************************************************************************

You may leave the list at any time by sending message with no subject and
"SIGNOFF JAVAHELP-INTEREST" in the body to LISTSERV@JAVA.SUN.COM. Archives
are available at http://archives.java.sun.com/archives/javahelp-interest.html.
Submit bug reports at http://java.sun.com/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi.

Roger Brinkley

Chris Morris wrote:
> ....but if you are using the hsviewer in a real-time mode (as I do
> frequently when authoring html for JavaHelp) and you make a change to the
> html content, using the Reload button doesn't appear to pick up the changes
> - which leads me to think that it's not actually reloading the html, but
> rather re-positioning the existing view?

Test by moving back and forth using the back and forward buttons. If
that works then reload or some associated action in the JEditorPane
needs some additional work.

Binky

********************************************************************************

You may leave the list at any time by sending message with no subject and
"SIGNOFF JAVAHELP-INTEREST" in the body to LISTSERV@JAVA.SUN.COM. Archives
are available at http://archives.java.sun.com/archives/javahelp-interest.html.
Submit bug reports at http://java.sun.com/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi.

chrism
Offline
Joined: 2003-06-19

> Test by moving back and forth using the back and
> forward buttons. If
> that works then reload or some associated action in
> the JEditorPane
> needs some additional work.
>
> Binky

If you use the Back/Forward buttons, or select any hyperlink that shifts the current view to a new HTML page, and you then return to the original page, a complete reload of that page takes place (i.e. any changes to the HTML are picked up and displayed). It's the actual ReloadAction button that is not picking up changes.

Cheers
Chris

brinkley
Offline
Joined: 2003-06-06

File a bug. It doesn't always get fixed by just talking about it here.

Binky

chrism
Offline
Joined: 2003-06-19

> File a bug. It doesn't always get fixed by just talking about it here.
>
> Binky

Bug report has been assigned an internal review ID of: 207771

This review ID is NOT visible on the "Java Developer Connection" (JDC).

Chris.

Roger Brinkley

Chris Morris wrote:
> Has anyone tried the javax.help.ReloadAction within a Presentation view
> with jh2.0 release version?
> If so, does it actually reload an html page in the current view, because I
> can't seem to get it to work.
>

That's what it does. Try it in the idedemo -> JDE demo help

Binky

********************************************************************************

You may leave the list at any time by sending message with no subject and
"SIGNOFF JAVAHELP-INTEREST" in the body to LISTSERV@JAVA.SUN.COM. Archives
are available at http://archives.java.sun.com/archives/javahelp-interest.html.
Submit bug reports at http://java.sun.com/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi.