Scene Graph Technology Patented by Sun
I was shocked to see that Sun Micosystems
claimed a patent on scene graph technology.
I just wondered about finding no other mention of the topic beside this site.
For me many questions arise from that:
1. Using a scene graph was definetly not invented by Sun.
At least I remember Inventor and VRML originating from
the SGI era, but there may be others even earlier.
2. I didn't understand whether this patent is still
underway or alread granted.
3. How does the patent influenc the java3d open source
4. Will Sun be able to retrack the whole process by
simply claiming their patent? Or did they disclaim
their rights as any other who contribute code do?
5. Are they eventually trying to hide existence of this patent?