DataMovil 2.2 is released
DataMovil (http://www.datamovil.info) is a platform for fast development of PDA applications. It is composed of a CDC/Personal Profile client, a server and a Swing-based editor. It is based on XForms 1.0. For info, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
The new version can be downloaded for a 30 days period in two variants. One is for desktop evaluation that includes the server administration (including a web server and a relational database), a PDA emulator and a Swing-based editor od DataMovil-XForms. The other is a complete CD-image that also includes the desktop evaluation.
Documentation is also available for download separately.
Version 2.2 includes many enhancements over version 2.1. Some of them are:
- Image support
- New upload control. Used, for example, for file attachments and signature capture
- New look and navigation buttons for faster access to browser functions
- New automatic retrieval of new applications or versions of applications from the server
- New automatic transmission of locally stored data to the server upon the establishment of a connection with the server
- Web server included and installed by default
- Relational database included and installed by default
- New editor Swing Java based for improved productivity
- Complete support of the DataMovil XML
- Quick preview of single and groups of elements
- Published DataMovil XML Schema supporting the development
- Improved API for dynamic DataMovil applications