Skip to main content

JWSDP 1.6 and WAS 6.x

5 replies [Last post]
johnasmith
Offline
Joined: 2005-10-19
Points: 0

Hi,

Is it possible to setup JWSDP 1.6 and FI to work under WebSphere 6.x or Weblogic 8.1?

Thanks.

Reply viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
sandoz
Offline
Joined: 2003-06-20
Points: 0

> Hi,
>
> Is it possible to setup JWSDP 1.6 and FI to work
> under WebSphere 6.x or Weblogic 8.1?
>

Do you mean use WebSphere 6.x or Weblogic 8.1 as a container for JWSDP 1.6?

Or do you mean JWSDP 1.6 clients or services communicating with WebSphere 6.x or Weblogic 8.1 clients and services by sending FI encoded SOAP messages?

With respect to the former I do not know if it has ever been tried. It is certainly not a tested and supported container environment for JWSDP 1.6, where as Sun's AS 8.x is.

With respect to the latter the interoperability using FI encoded SOAP messages will only occur with both types of client and service understand FI. WebSphere 6.x or Weblogic 8.1 do not support FI.

Hope this helps,
Paul.

johnasmith
Offline
Joined: 2005-10-19
Points: 0

Hello Paul,

Thanks a lot for the reply.

We are interested in using WebSphere 6.x or Weblogic 8.1 as a container for JWSDP 1.6. We would like to develop web services that understand FI encoding and that are running on the above containers. It would be great if we can communicate with these web services from another clients and services that understand FI encoding.

What are the steps that we should follow in order to setup JWSDP 1.6 and FI to work in WebSphere 6.x or Weblogic 8.1 web containers?

Thanks a lot,

John.

sandoz
Offline
Joined: 2003-06-20
Points: 0

> Hello Paul,
>
> Thanks a lot for the reply.
>
> We are interested in using WebSphere 6.x or Weblogic
> 8.1 as a container for JWSDP 1.6. We would like to
> develop web services that understand FI encoding and
> that are running on the above containers. It would be
> great if we can communicate with these web services
> from another clients and services that understand FI
> encoding.
>

OK.

>
>
> What are the steps that we should follow in order to
> setup JWSDP 1.6 and FI to work in WebSphere 6.x or
> Weblogic 8.1 web containers?
>

I do not have much experience in this area. AFAIK JWSDP 1.6 is not supported on WebSphere or Weblogic so the information that you require may be tricky to find or non-existant. I will try and confirm if this is the case.

Paul.

kamesh_a
Offline
Joined: 2006-02-15
Points: 0

> > Hello Paul,
> >
> > Thanks a lot for the reply.
> >
> > We are interested in using WebSphere 6.x or
> Weblogic
> > 8.1 as a container for JWSDP 1.6. We would like to
> > develop web services that understand FI encoding
> and
> > that are running on the above containers. It would
> be
> > great if we can communicate with these web
> services
> > from another clients and services that understand
> FI
> > encoding.
> >
>
> OK.
>
>
> >
> >
> > What are the steps that we should follow in order
> to
> > setup JWSDP 1.6 and FI to work in WebSphere 6.x or
> > Weblogic 8.1 web containers?
> >
>
> I do not have much experience in this area. AFAIK
> JWSDP 1.6 is not supported on WebSphere or Weblogic
> so the information that you require may be tricky to
> find or non-existant. I will try and confirm if this
> is the case.
>
> Paul.

Hi, Is there any release notes or document which supporting your view?

sandoz
Offline
Joined: 2003-06-20
Points: 0

> > I do not have much experience in this area. AFAIK
> > JWSDP 1.6 is not supported on WebSphere or
> Weblogic
> > so the information that you require may be tricky
> to
> > find or non-existant. I will try and confirm if
> this
> > is the case.
> >
> > Paul.
>
> Hi, Is there any release notes or document which
> supporting your view?

The JWSDP 1.6 release notes [1] were not very clear, but it is much clearer in the JWSDP 2.0 [2] release notes.

Of course i would encourage people to use AS 8.2 or Glassfish with JWSDP since i think it is technically the best platform, but then i would be a little biased :-)

I cannot offer any more help on this other than to suggest asking IBM reps when they will support JWSDP on their products. How much demand do you think there is for this?

Hope this helps,
Paul.

[1] http://java.sun.com/webservices/docs/1.6/ReleaseNotes.html#platforms
[2] http://java.sun.com/webservices/docs/2.0/ReleaseNotes.html#platforms

Paul.