We need to build a non-trivial example to make sure that HA works.
Ranga and I discussed the following scenario. Take a look and comment:
Resilent Call Billing Service:
1) Two instances of Mobicents running on different VMs and shared cluster
2) Two SIP clients register with Server1
3) Client A calls client B
4) Client B answers
5) Server1 crashes
6) Server2 takes over transparently to both clients
7) Client A hangs up to end the call
8) The management interface of Server2 should be able to present the totall bill for the call.
Notes: To make the demo easy to test on one box, we will allow both servers to run on the same laptop but different VMs. There will be a simple front end port load balancer, which sends heart beats to both servers and forwards requests only to active ones. For the demo it will suffice to have a UDP port forwarding listening on 5060 and routing requests to servers (host : port) specified in a property file.
How does it sound?