Meeting minutes, Celebrating the Certification, Call on June 18, 2005
Ranga (NIST), Fran(Univ of Genoa), Buddy(Lucent), Paul(Motorolla), Ivelin(JBoss), Marco(Portugal Telecom), Swee Lim(Sun, SLEE 1.0 lead, 1.1 co-lead), Ralf (Vodafone)
- The usual suspects and
- Paul: consulting with Motorolla, Pennsylvania
- Cheers and virtual toast for the JAIN SLEE 1.0 Certification!!!
- First major milestone.
- We proved that the team works despite limited resources and geographical distribution
- We have the right mix of skills and commitment - telco, j2ee, government, vendors
- Several companies are planning to roll out products on top of Mobicents 1.x next quarter
- Swee offered his vision on the voip market and Sun's positioning
- hinted that Mobicents might see concrete support from Sun.
- Things at Sun regarding open source are different than a year ago.
- Sun is working out a new strategy around JAIN
- Will partner in the voip space to bring complete solutions to telcos. Focusing on hardware and OS
- Sun will open source all software in the future
- Will sell total solutions, not just shrink-wrapped software. Customers want ongoing support, not just buy and forget. Shift in business mindset. More competitive to current market reality.
- Future roadmap, priorities and areas for contribution:
- Multi-threading, fail over
- Called for more white papers - e.g. JMS vs. SLEE: What's the diff? A public wiki page is needed
- Standardized RAs. Will work on Stateless SIP RA.
- Multi-threading improvement
- JAAS integration
- Nuno was going to join and present the PT roadmap for Mobicents. Marco cannot speak for PT.
- Pedro is coming onboard to help with the eclipslee sub-project
- will help with Eclipslee
- Cannot help directly as publishing SLEE 1.1 is his top priority.
- Mobicents should certify for SLEE 1.1 when it's ready
- Will work on test framework based on JUnit with deterministic behavior; not time dependent.
- Focus on growing the Mobicents ecosystem. Reaching out to other Communications and Games projects to build new RAs and Services
Message was edited by: ivelin