The things I would like to see in JAXB 2.0
Here is a preliminary list of things i'd like to see in JAXB 2.0:
1. All jar files should have different names from JAXB 1.0 files. This will allow using old code alongside the new (during the transition phase).
2. A GUI for jaxb-xjc. Shouldn't be too hard, and may then be integrated into NetBeans as JFluid did. May be provide plugins for Eclipse and IntelliJ to draw even more people.
3. Provide an Ant task. Integrating this one in the Ant script will not cause multi-step build of the projects.
4. Add a boolean flag that, when set to TRUE, will produce the same output as Marshaller.JAXB_SCHEMA_LOCATION. The information on schema location can be put with some special tag into ObjectFactory (or even added as a getter method there).
5. Allow marshaling to StringBuffer and unmarshaling from CharSequence. I am really tired of wrapping these with streams, readers and writers.
6. May be adopt XMLBeans interface of adding attributes instead of createing them. This way, you will prevent accidental sharing of objects throughout the hierarchy, and even the infinite circular dependencies.
That's it for now, but more will surely come from me and the community (hopefully).