a change in license
what I want to see as a devloper:
* change the scsl license to something more developer friendly
* allow people who have done research downloads (jrl or scsl) to actively participate in open source vm projects
* work *with* people from open source vm projects
* see them as partners and supporters of java
* realize the mono threat on linux/bsd platforms
for instance, take the apple license. apsl 2.0 is now free software compatible. they had a stupid license (like the scsl) at first and now changed it to a less stupid version which works for both parties.
this would be a step in the right direction and would as surely ease the tensions between the open source community and sun.