Skip to main content

Why is java.net so extremely slow?

Please note these java.net forums are being decommissioned and use the new and improved forums at https://community.oracle.com/community/java.
5 replies [Last post]
rsoika

We are hosting our open source project 'Imixs Workflow' on java.net.
But the response times seem to become slower to month by month.
How can we help to improve this situation?
IssueTracker (JIRA), SVN and Forum seems all to have the same performance problem.

===
Ralph

Reply viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
tonya_rae_moore
Administrator

It's a site-wide problem we're working on. The site speed should be better now. We have plans for a more permanent fix to be implemented in the next few weeks. Thanks again for letting us know; we always appreciate notice of any problems you're having.

Tonya R. Moore
Assistant Community Manager

MackSix

Yesterday and today it is really slow and I am getting timeouts. Yesterday I signed up for an account and submitted the info, and it appeared it was successful and nothing happened, so I signed up again today and it worked. I just got a timeout trying to access the forums.

fnikola
Administrator

Thanks for your feedback - there were a couple of issues yesterday, but the site should be running OK now. Please let us know how the site is the next time you visit.

Thanks,
Frank Nikola
Java.net Site Support

rsoika

I can't see any improvement. The system is getting worse. I'm trying to release a new version of my project, but can not log in SVN me.
Also the sides from GlassFish or Java FX are not available.

fnikola
Administrator

Can you give us the name of the project so we can look into it further?

And, please give us the URLs that you are trying to access.

Thanks!