Skip to main content

Project hacked

Please note these java.net forums are being decommissioned and use the new and improved forums at https://community.oracle.com/community/java.
2 replies [Last post]
sanjay_dasgupta

My VisualLangLab project site appears to have been hacked. 

I have been receiving mails from "maj at fininterpost dot ru" that appear to have been routed via the commits mailing list of the project site. 

The mails (such as this one) appear to have gotten into the archive somehow. Is it possible for anyone (even non-members) to send mails into the list? Is there a way to prevent that?

Thanks for any help.

- Sanjay

Reply viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
sonyabarry
Administrator

It wasn't hacked - project emails by default are open to the public.  You can change the privacy level of your lists by going to the mailing lists link on your project home page, and then choose the "manage" list option.  There's a dropdown with four options labeled "send scheme" which will allow you to update your settings and add a moderator if you like, and then you can use the moderation link to approve or reject messages.  

We are planning to replace our current mailing list manager in Q3 next year, and one of the requirements is improving spam control options on the site.  

Sonya Barry

Java.net Community Manager 

sanjay_dasgupta

I've made the changes. Thank you.