Skip to main content

How do I blog on java.net?

Please note these java.net forums are being decommissioned and use the new and improved forums at https://community.oracle.com/community/java.
3 replies [Last post]
GITNE

First of all, I have read and searched the help wiki and forums on this question before posting here, but have not found any applicable information.
I am wondering how to blog on java.net. I would like to be able to blog and share my thoughts on a potential project first before actually starting a project. It doesn't really make sense to me to start a project with significant decisions made before receiving any feedback from the community. Well, you could point me to an external blogging service but java.net seems rather the right place to start at: the java community members discuss and share through different channels (where one of them might be a blog) at a Java devoted website.
Another possibility might be the forums but these do not seem to be the right channel for this kind of task. Further, I do not want nor need any "dazzeling" of my blog on the frontpage. If people find it, it's going to be just fine, if not it's okay too.
Thank you for your help!

Reply viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
kfarnham

To have a java.net blog, you just need to contact the java.net editor (me) by email (editor at java.net). I'll then ask you for your basic information (short bio, etc.), set up your blog, and send you instructions on how the java.net blog platform works.

GITNE

Great, I'll send you an email soon, probably during the weekend.

GITNE

GITNE wrote:

First of all, I have read and searched the help wiki and forums on this question before posting here, but have not found any applicable information.

Okay, it turns out my search has not been thorough enough and I finally have found the answer here. So, sorry for bothering. Nevertheless, I still would like to be able to blog before starting a project, even though (or maybe because) I am not well-known or respected person in the Java community. Simply in order to share thoughts, not to debate or argue with experts.