Skip to main content

Can I create a website for my project?

Please note these java.net forums are being decommissioned and use the new and improved forums at https://community.oracle.com/community/java.
1 reply [Last post]
kitfox

I just created a new project on java.net, but can't figure out how to create a new website for it.

I currently manage svgsalamander.java.net (first created back in 2004), and when I click on 'manage project' and go to the feature tab, there is an entry there called Website.  I've also been able to use WebDAV software to upload and manage it ever since you moved to your new server.

Tonight I created raven.java.net, but when I go to the feature page of this new project, there is no option for creating a website.  I would really like to create one, since I plan to post Webstart binaries and JavaDocs so that regular web users can use them directly.

How can I create a website for my new project?

Reply viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
sonyabarry
Administrator

Hello, 

The project has to be public before you can add a website feature.  i have a bug in to change this eventually, but for now I went ahead and made raven public and moved it to the general incubator for you.  You should see website feature in your list of options now. 

Sonya Barry

Java.net Community Manager