Skip to main content

Looking for help - Design Java GUIs like you would do in XAML on .NET

8 replies [Last post]
hblaub

Hi everyone,
I would like to publish a project called 'Java Application Markup Language', which would enable one to write
"<JFrame title="Test frame" defaultClosingAction="EXIT_ON_CLOSE">
<JPanel><JButton text="Click me!"></JButton></JPanel>
</JFrame>"
instead of standard Swing syntax.
It would be therefore like XAML for .NET developers, but with a clean and Swing-inspired syntax.
But before it's usable state, It would be really cool if I could get feedback on this idea and maybe one could write an Eclipse plugin with a visual designer to help people new to Java and XML.
So anyone interested can attach his or her message here or send me a PM.

Reply viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
kprabakar

Hi,

Did you consider XUL framework? If you think along the lines of XUL, I think you can move faster.

jkoder70014

Hi hblaub,

I am a java developer and interested to work on this project. Please let me know further details regarding this project.

hblaub

Project is now under github.com/hblaub/JAML. You can contact me at this site.

khannaabhishek

Hi, I am intrested in working on this project. Please let me know if your still working on it.

Thanks,

Abhishek

hblaub

Hi Abhishek,

yes, I'm still working on this. The codebase contains a functional parser so far, and there are some wiki pages.

Looking forward to hear from you,

Harry

phil1234

Hi, I don't know if you are still working on this, but it sounds interesting and I would like to join you.

hblaub

Hi phil1234, yes I'm still working on this, but until now no one was interested, so the code is only on my private network and not accessible through internet. I would like to hear from you, but java.net does not provide any personal message (or I didn't found one). Do you have any E-Mail address or some other contact data?

phil1234

Hi, you can email me on philipp.kehrbusch@web.de
This would be the first project I am working on, so I don't know exactly how to upload it on the servers, I hope you do :)