Skip to main content

Junior Java Coders interested in Game Dev wanted!

13 replies [Last post]
danrayson

Hello fellow Java enthusiasts :)

I am a hobbyist Java programmer with over two years experience in coding, and I'm looking for other people interested in starting a career in Java game development for mobile device and internet games, such as Android or Facebook.

I believe I am close to the level of Oracle Certified Associate, if not, better than, and I have worked through various textbooks on Java 7, so I'm not completely useless. However, the primary reason for me looking for other people of my level in Java (or better) is so I can get a real feel for what it's like to collaborate on a project from design to completion.

I'm sure if you're anything like me, you'll have finished a course on programming and be looking for work but having no success, or maybe you've been coding for years and just never took the leap into making a career out of it. Something you'll find when looking for Java jobs is they always ask for "experience", and if you're fresh out of University or have no prior work experience in Java, you're automatically put into the bin pile.

However, if you are able to send a completed application to them and say "Me and 5 others made this, and we worked as a team to accomplish this." Then that's a massive plus point on your CV, and would of course count towards your work experience. Employers look very hard at not only your ability to code, but your ability to code with others, and whatever project we complete would be priceless in this respect.

So, if you're looking to improve your CV or just want to join in on a game development project for your own personal enjoyment, reply to this post or PM me and I'll be in touch within a day or so.

Reply viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
rod_java

Hi danrayson! Your project desc really hit me! I am looking for Java projects to be put on my CV. I have been doing Java programming for the last 2 years, but have no real project experience yet. Now I realized how important it is as I currently look for jobs as a Java developer. If this project is still on, please please please count me in!

You can reach me here or at taylor.rod.j@gmail.com.

Thanks.

Rod.

drurenia

Hi danrayson

Is this proposal still valid? I would like to make part of it. I have over than 3 years of experience with Java, but never have been involved with game development.

If you think I can help, contact me: druren@gmail.com

Thanks
Diego Rodrigues

vspsvk

Hi danrayson

I am interested in working for android game app.

For info, right now I am working on creating some small games at home.

I believe I can share my knowledge and acquire more while helping you guys.

If it sound good enough reply me to vspsvk@gmail.com

Thanks
Varun Dosapati

tron2000

Hi danrayson
Is this project still active? If so I am interested in joining. I have a diploma in Computer Science, though I have been out of the industry for a few years. I am looking to get back into programming and feel and project like this would be a perfect way of doing so.

marko.popovic.026

Hello danrayson,

I have work experience as C/C++ developer and regarding java I have theoretical knowledge from books.
I would like to help on this project.

If you are still looking for new junior java developers please contact me on markopopovic026@yahoo.com

Best regards,
Marko Popovic

MMUPAL

I'm very interrested about this project. Let's go on. To improve my j2me knowledge i join you.

Argonaut

Hello danrayson. Im a student in Computer Science and I have about 3 years experience in Java.
I find this post really interesting and would like to know more information about the game development project if it is still in development. Thank you.

fmarabate

Hi,

I would be interested if you are still looking for individuals. My experience is limited to what I have learned at school and self taught myself. So, I am prime to be used.

If you are still looking for help, please contact me at fmarabate@gmail.com

Frank

"Because Evil is Fun!" - My 9 year old daughter

Biodroid1

Is this post still relevant? Have room for another coder? If so I am interested. You can contact me via email at biodroid1@frontier.com

sankethkamath

Hey.. I m very much interested . willing to join you

drovka

Hello danrayson.

I hope this post still relevant.

I'm still learning Java and have no experience with it. But I am sure I can help in your game development project and will like to join in.

best regards

Imraj96

Hello danrayson

Although I'm still a java student still undergoing training,but almost through with the training,I'm pretty sure I can be of help in your game development project and will like to join in.

shweta.agarwal

Hello danyrayson,
I am interested in this, i have around 6 years experience in Java. Though I have never been in game development project. Would like to join and contribute..

Please contact me at shweta.agarwal21@gmail.com
Also, send me your email address so that I can contact you.