Skip to main content

Java game developers needed for Hobbyist project

Please note these java.net forums are being decommissioned and use the new and improved forums at https://community.oracle.com/community/java.
Posted by melharts on March 2, 2013 at 9:38 AM PST

Hello World,

My name is Mikael, however I go by my nickname of “Mel.” I’ve been coding for roughly 8 years in PHP, ASP and Perl. Presently, I’m trying to build a good java background through games.

I’m looking for hobbyist/professional java developers with at least one year experience, and a lead programmer with at least 5 years of experience. This project is a Sandbox MMORPG, its premise is original, and the idea hasn’t been touched on. I’ve been checking MMO development for about 2 to 3 years now, and still nothing is close.

Preferably, I would like a team of mixed talents, so that we can all learn from each other. I’m looking for people with a drive and focus because this is a big project but it can be a rewarding one too.

Thanks,
-Mel

Comments

Reply viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Re: Java game developers needed for Hobbyist project

I keep trying to reply with some information about me wanting to join. After attempting to edit it multiple times, it was still blocked by spam. I then wrote another one asking you to email me (while heavily obscuring my email as to not set off the filter) and it was ALSO blocked, after editing it too. Try to tell me your email as a reply so I can send you my application or whatever you want to call it. Or any other preferred communications service.

Hello Mikael,

My name is Ben. I have learned Java a year ago, and I am a 4th year programmer. Your project seems very interesting and fun, and I would love to work on your team, as this is my first project here on Java.net. I would also like to become part of the team because of the fact that I can learn more things and different styles from others on the team and participate in a group project, as I am a game enthusiast. If you are interested, my email is:

benjames336 AT gmail DOT com

Sincerely,
Ben

Hello Mikael,

My name is Dani. I'm actually a person who is learning Java from three months ago, so you can consider me as almost a beginner. I don't know what are you exactly looking for for your project, but I would like to join in it so that I can really learn and to improve my skills working together in a team. If you are interested, my email is:

danielm200 AT gmail DOT com

Regards :-)

www.wograld.org

I'm not sure if this is quite what you are looking for, but this open source software project has been going on since 2005. Only within the past year did we add a java-based client in order to make it more polished and target more users. The server is written in C. It will be a sandbox MMO. I've currently labeled it pre-alpha, although it does compile and run, it is far from feature complete. Unfortunately the current code does not resemble the design documents as much as I would like although we just recently implemented gathering skills.

You should be able to subscribe to the wograld discuss email list. Active project team members are all subscribed to it.

http://sourceforge.net/p/wograld/mailman/wograld-discuss/