Skip to main content

Anyone knows how to conbine a linux os and a java editin to get best performance?

Please note these forums are being decommissioned and use the new and improved forums at
1 reply [Last post]

Now i use RHEL 5.4 and jdk-7-linux-x64.rpm to run a benchmark, the server (2*E5620,2*8G),but the result is not so good , the bottle-neck is CPU usage.

who nows which os and which jdk can get a relatively good perfomance? (windows is ok),and how to tuning os can be good? thanks.

Reply viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Hello ,

Java runs relatively very good on REH 5.X series of linux, but you need to fine tune it to get the best of of it. This is good for other OS too Like Solaris 10, AIX, HP Unix, oracle Linux.

You have to work with various JVM and OS configuraiton parameters to find out the right mix. I have attached my testing results which we did on various JDKS.

It will be great if you can go through it and then try it. I am very sure you will be able to get some valuable pointer from it. Please feel free to write if you have any questions.

Best Regards,

Ruchir Choudhry