Skip to main content

Why the Front Panel Manager initialisation is different.

1 reply [Last post]
owells

I'm interested to know why the FrontPanelManager implementation is initialised differently to the other managers?
The managers initialised by ManagerManager are all stored in org/cablelabs/imp/manager of their source directories respectively. However the FrontPanelManager is stored in org/ocap/hardware??
Also FrontPanelManager is a class, with FrontPanelManagerImpl extending it. The other managers are interfaces each with its own implementation class. I am confused as to why FrontPanelManager is not also an Interface with FrontPanelManagerImpl implementing it??
The reason I ask is that I wanted to auto start the front panel manager by the following to fp.properties.
OCAP.mgrmgr.autostart=FrontPanel
OCAP.mgrmgr.manager.FrontPanel=org.cablelabs.impl.ocap.hardware.frontpanel.FrontPanelManagerImpl
However, the current implementation does not allow this.

Reply viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
greg80303

FrontPanelManager is an API defined in the OCAP specification. RI "Managers" are objects that manage various functional areas of the stack. The naming is just a coincidence. RI Managers all implement the org.cablelabs.impl.manager.Manager interface.
G