Skip to main content

ocap application

Please note these java.net forums are being decommissioned and use the new and improved forums at https://community.oracle.com/community/java.
4 replies [Last post]
shalabhaggarwal14

Hi
Can someone tell me how to attach a simple virtual keyboard application(Xlet) to an OCAP application or program.
Do u have any code??
thanks

Reply viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
greg80303

Can you give me some more information regarding why you think the keyboard needs to live by itself in its own Xlet? Why not put it in a registered API? A registered API is a set of classfiles that applications can load into their own classpath. A registered API is published by an application under a certain string name. Applications who wish to use a particular registered API must have that information communicated in their X/AIT signaling.

G

shalabhaggarwal14

Hi greg80303,
Thanks for your reply.
Friend, I am working on a project in which our Xlet want to communicate with a website on which user have to login by giving username and password. So for entering that username and password, We need a Keyboard to enter the data. On TV, keyboard as a hardware is not possible so we thought to attach our Xlet with another application of virtual Keyboard which appears on the TV screen whenever called for.
So I asked for that question how to do it.
And I didnt understand much about registered API or X/AIT signalling what you were talking about earlier. And I found nothing about it on internet too.
So Can you please elaborate? Or suggest me some link where I can find any information about it. Do you have any code running?
Thanks again.
Please Reply.

greg80303

If your Xlet needs a Virtual Keyboard, you need to write the code and provide the graphics for it yourself. Just include it as part of your Xlet. tru2way/OCAP does not provide a standard virtual keyboard in its implementations, you will have to write it yourself.

G

shalabhaggarwal14

Thanks