tsb reset is not implemented in native
I am running an application which performs,
1. Select a service and buffer it for 20 seconds.
2. Change the player rate to -1x speed (rewind operation).
3. Wait for 30 seconds duration to receive BeginningOfContentEvent.
4. Destroy the service context.
5. After service context destroyed, wait for 5 seconds to give interval for next run.
The execution is successful for first run by receiving BeginningOfContentEvent within 30 seconds from service selection started.
For next time run, the same application gets failed consistently (step3) for not receiving BeginningOfContentEvent within 30 seconds duration.
Also, in fail scenario the tsb duration shows 94 seconds which is expected to be less than 25 seconds as we are buffering for 20 seconds duration.
The execution gets failed due to tsb is not getting flushed when TimeShiftbufferImpl.reset() is invoked from TimeShiftbufferImpl.returnTSB() method while performing service destroy operation.
The reset() method has a 'TODO' note stating "Flush the contents of the native TSB (when there's a way to do that)"
Kindly confirm, whether Cablelabs will provide fix for the unimplemented tsb reset method in any upcoming release.