Skip to main content

Test case failure

3 replies [Last post]
mohsinsaleem

Hi,
Has someone recently ran dvrtest suite? I tried running suite 1, test 6 and it is related to starting a recording, and trying to playback an ongoing recording and deleting it. I think there is something wrong with deletion and test case fails. However, if I comment out the deletion code from the test case, it passes successfully. I was just wondering if it is an issue in test case/RI or its just me only seeing the issue.

Thanks.
Mohsin

Reply viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
cpratt

Sorry for the delayed response. I stopped getting forum notifications for some reason.
I recently made a fix having to do with RecordingRequest deletion (see RI trunk changes 15003 and 14725).
Is it possible you don't have these changes?

mohsinsaleem

yeah, it seems much better now. I have another question now. Consider the scenario where user stops the playback of an in-progress recording. In this scenario, we should switch to live mode than actually stopping the decoding. Simplest approach can be to have functions to check for stop of playback of an in-progress recording. If it is true, we just get mode switched to live presentation otherwise we can just stop it. This is what we need to change in the stack. However, from application's point of view, app will never know that the stop actually caused mode-switch and not actually stopped the playback and hence it might unregister/free things which will result in strange behaviour for application. What do you think about this sittuation? Should we be returning something back to application, e.g. returning fromthing from servicecontext.stop() ?
Thanks.

cpratt

[Sorry again for the delayed response. Forum notifications again...]

When you say that the user "stops the playback", do you mean via ServiceContext.stop() or Player.stop() (where the JMF Player is returned from SC.getServiceContentHandlers())?

The RI will only switch to live on an ongoing recording if the user hits the end of the RecordedService and recording is still on-going (via setMediaTime() or a setRate() which is greater than 1.0). It should never switch to live in response to SC.stop() or Player.stop().

Perhaps I'm misunderstanding your question. Are you considering having the ServiceContext switch from RecordedService playback to a BroadcastService (live) presentation when the presentation is stopped by the user (ServiceContext.stop())? And/or when the RS playback hits end-of-file?