Skip to main content

SI information of .mpg streams in RI Simulator ?

Please note these java.net forums are being decommissioned and use the new and improved forums at https://community.oracle.com/community/java.
6 replies [Last post]
svikrant

Hi All,
As per my understanding : For a given source Id : The .mpg stream is located at <RICOMMONROOT>/resources/tunedata. The mapping of SourceId and .mpg stream is specified in platform.cfg. But the SI information come from <RICOMMONROOT>/resources/fdcdata/Ate-SI-data.bin Correct ?
Now i have a Question :
1) If i want to add a new stream and want to assign a new source Id to it, how can i add a new source id to the existing list mentioned on Ate-SI-data.bin ? How do we create this binary file which is used for SI data ? Do we use any convertor to make this .bin from some .hex file or so ?

Reply viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
greg80303

The .bin files you reference are OOB signaling files containing data that was captured from a live headend. At this time, we do not have any standalone tools that will allow us to create those signaling files from scratch.

G

svikrant

Ok Greg...got it.
So it means we can not modify this .bin file.
Is there any other way/by tweeaking any config file by which we can achieve addition of a new sourceId for the simultor. Any clue !!

cpratt

While adding a new SourceID to the FDC files would require creating new .bin files, you can map one of the many SourceIDs to your content.
Here's what I've done in the past:

1. Set SITP.SI.DUMP.CHANNEL.TABLES to TRUE in $OCAPROOT/bin/$OCAPTC/env/mpeenv.ini
  2. Look for entries in the log prefixed with SITP_SI::parseVCMStructure
  3. Find an MPEG2 (non-analog) entry with a program number ("Prog#") that matches the program number of the content that you want mapped.
  4. Look up the frequency of that entry by cross-referencing the CDS index from the same row against the SITP_SI::parseCDSRecords log entries.
  5. Modify your platform.cfg to map that frequency to the file containing your content.

e.g. If I have a SPTS/MPTS "teststream.mpg" and want program_number 3 to be mapped, there are 25 sourceIDs in the standard channel map with program_number 3. I'll use sourceID 0x5e9:

Ent 68 [VC:513(0x201) AVC:0 PS:0 CT:0 SID:1513(0x5e9) TT:MPEG2(dig) CDS:100 Prog#:3(0x3) MMS:2]

Then to determine the frequency, I would find CDS entry 100 in the log:
<sitp_si::parsecdsrecords> CDS Record 100: 6000kHz channel at 651000kHz</sitp_si::parsecdsrecords>
Which I would then add to the platform.cfg:
## SID 1513(0x5e9)
RI.Headend.vlc.frequency.651000000_256QAM = $(RICOMMONROOT)/resources/tunedata/teststream.mpg

Not quite as flexible as generating your own mappings, but it usually does the job.
Note: I don't think the platform cares about the QAM mode. But if you wanted to make sure it's right, dereference the MMS entry to determine the proper modulation.

muthurajs

HI,

I am new to ocap-ri

i tried to add the new mpg stream as per given instruction.(i don't knw where to check step 2,3,4(i searched in RIlog ))

but i am not getting any thing , what i done is

config.prop

use_javatv_channel_map=false
min_delay=10000
max_delay=10000

# Freq=699MHz QAM=256 ProgramNum=4 SourceID=0x6E4
gen_channel_freq_3=699000000
gen_channel_program_number_3=4
gen_channel_qam_3=16

in platform i set

RI.Headend.vlc.frequency.699000000_256QAM =D:/ocap_ri/ocap-ri/ricommon/resources/tunedata/galaxy_pingpong.mpg

( i tried # Freq=447MHz QAM=64 ProgramNum=1 SourceID=0x45A and background.mpg is working irrespective of step1 :TRUE/FALSE in mpeen)

but i am not getting any thing for galaxy mpg.Please help me on this,also tell me how to fine the freq details for the particular mpg file.

greg80303

galaxy_pingpong.mpg does not have a program number 4. It has program number 25991 and 25992. Try changing your "gen_channel_program_number_3" field to 25991 or 25992. If you download a program called "dvbsnoop" you can inspect MPEG2 transport stream files to determine how many programs they contain and other important information. For example, here is how you can inspect the PAT (PID 0x0) of the galaxy_pingpong transport stream:

dvbsnoop -tssubdecode -s ts -if galaxy_pingpong.mpg 0x0

As for your second question -- transport streams don't have any idea on which frequency they will be broadcast. A particular RF frequency is just a carrier for MPEG transport stream data. So, from an RI perspective you can pick any frequency you want, but they should probably align with standard frequencies defined by SCTE.

G

muthurajs

Thanks

greg80303