Skip to main content

RI Simulator does not show up anything

2 replies [Last post]
sshashikala1

Hi,
I am new to tru2way, I downloaded and installed Cablelabs RI simulator and ran run.bat, after it ran I am not seeing anything on the screen. I tried running tune test based on the instruction given at https://community.cablelabs.com/wiki/display/OCORI/Tune+Test+Instructions, but even that test did not show any pictures or text on the screen. On the console I did see that "Tune request returned success! Freq=603000000, Mode=16, ProgNum=25991. Tune started!". Not sure why this is not working, any help would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Shashi

Reply viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
howardteece

Did you run VLC before running the Simulator for the first time?
VLC needs you to confirm a dialog before working.
You can find it at common\resources\Win32\VLC\vlc.exe

sshashikala1

I finally figured out the mistake. I had installed 1.4 version of RI and 1.5 version of SDK.when things did not work, I uninstalled everything and installed both RI and SDK in 1.4 version and now it seems to be working fine. Thanks for your help.
I have one more question though, I would like to have the OCAP app interact with outside world using HTTP requests. Is it possible, if so can some one give me an example. Also if I would like to tune to a different channel or telescope to VOD, is that possible and if so again how can I do that.
Any examples would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Shashi