Skip to main content

Player Media time.

5 replies [Last post]
karun_m

When a content from the buffer is beign played back the player media time is not falling from the between the buffer start time and buffer end time. Is this correct behavoir? I have noticed that some times the buffer start time is in negative too. Is this right? Isnt that when content is beign played from the buffer, its media time should be within the buffer time?
Please find the some of the logs I collected while running the RI.
startOfBufferTime = -44.424
endOfBufferTime = 7.622000000000001
currentMediaTime = 7.404000000000001

startOfBufferTime = 974.6940000000001
endOfBufferTime = 1411.709
currentMediaTime = 7.539000000000001

begOfBufferTime = 0.0
endOfBufferTime = 137.574
currentMediaTime = 7.188000000000001
I have performed actions before collecting the above logs
1. Enabled buffering on a servive
2. Buffered for 30 seconds
3. Tuned to the same service with TimeShiftProperties.setPresentation(...) to start of the buffer.
4. Collected the logs of buffer start time, buffer end time and current media time

Reply viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
scottdeboy

What version of the RI are you using? If you're not using the latest release, can you reproduce this with the latest release of the RI?
Please file an IssueTracker issue for this and attach logs with JAVA DEBUG verbosity enabled in mpeenv.ini
Thanks
Scott

tkooger

I have a question about this. I have seen that when asking for the beginning time of a buffer you receive a negative number which would be
NumberReturned = BeginningOfBuffer - CurrentSystemTime
BeginningOfBuffer = 5
CurrentSystemTime= 11
NumberReturned would = -6
its like saying the beginning of buffer was 6 seconds ago, is this correct is the RI supposed to return the Beginning of buffer time relative to when the request for the beginning of buffer was asked?

scottdeboy

Can you let us know which function is returning the negative value, or create an IT issue and attach a log with Java DEBUG enabled demonstrating this issue?
I can't find code that calculates the delta between the buffer start mediatime and current system time.
Thanks
Scott

tkooger

Sorry about the late reply

player.getControl("org.ocap.shared.media.TimeShiftControl") gives you the TimeShiftControl and from that you can get the EndOfBuffer and the BeginningOfBuffer these are the values that are relative from the time you ask.

scottdeboy

TimeShiftControl.getBeginningOfBuffer and TimeShiftControl.getEndOfBuffer provide media times representing the start and end of the time-shift buffer, but the returned media times aren't relative to the current playback media time.
Here is the JavaDoc for the two methods:
getBeginningOfBuffer
/**
* Get the media time corresponding to the current beginning of the
* time-shift buffer. This could be the media time corresponding to start of
* the buffer, before the buffer wrap around or the media time corresponding
* to the beginning of the valid buffer area after the wrap around.
* @return media time corresponding to the beginning of the time-shift
* buffer.
*/
getEndOfBuffer
/**
* Get the media time corresponding to the end of the time-shift buffer.
* This could be the current system time if the time-shift recording is
* still ongoing or the media time corresponding to the end point for the
* valid area of the time-shift buffer.
* @return media time corresponding to the end of the time-shift buffer.
*/