Skip to main content

Personal Content Streaming - Is it tested?

3 replies [Last post]
ramks

I am trying to stream a local mpeg file using autodvr xlet. It is not working.
There are few immediate problems that I can see.

1. ChannelRequestInterceptor is intercepting any streaming request that is coming for a published item because of "MediaServer.getCDS().getRootContainer().getEntryByURL(requestURL)". I modified the code as below to let the channel interceptor let go the personal content item request.

ContentEntry entry = MediaServer.getCDS().getRootContainer().getEntryByURL(requestURL);
if (! (entry instanceof ChannelContentItemImpl) )
{
return false;
}
channelContentItem = (ChannelContentItemImpl)entry;

2. In PersonalContentStream, the protocol info is not assigned in constructor. This will create a problem when trying to get frame rate value.

So, I am skeptical whether this feature was tested.

Reply viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
mkorzen

Let us provide one more update regarding the support of HN personal content in the RI.

Following recent internal discussions that the team has had, it is apparent that there are a significant number of non-trivial spec as well as RI implementation issues that would need to be resolved before the RI could fully support HN personal content.

Since it is very likely that those are not going to be resolved any time soon, for the time being we have decided to drop all support in the RI for HN personal content.

Thank you for pointing out the shortcomings of the RI in this area, which stimulated a lively discussion of this feature.

Best -
-The OCAP-RI Development Team

ramks

Could you please list the issues that you foresee in implementing this feature? Few details from the discussion that you had would also be useful.

mkorzen

Good afternoon -

The support for personal content could definitely be improved in the RI. Unlike the ability to serve recordings or live content, code support and testing of the personal content feature has usually been lower on our priority list.

With that being said, feel free to open Jira issue and assign proper priority to it. Bear in mind that adding support for trick modes for personal content would be a larger task due to current PC Platform implementation constrains.

Best -
Marcin