Skip to main content

IRC channels for ocap

4 replies [Last post]
mohsinsaleem

Hi,
I am new to OCAP stuff. I was just wondering if there is any IRC channel for OCAP RI?

Thanks.
Mohsin

Reply viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
greg80303

It was pointed out to me by another member of our team that you may have been looking for an IRC channel where OCAP experts occasionally hang out and can answer questions (oops!). Unfortunately the answer is still no. However, it is an interesting idea. I will pass this suggestion on to our team leadership for their consideration.
G

mohsinsaleem

Hi,
Yes I was refering to IRC channel where we can find experts or people who are working with OCAP. Like other open source projects, we might go for 2 different channels: one for developers and one for users.
Thanks.
Mohsin

dhooley

This is a good suggestion which we will look into implementing. Current.ly our internal project resources are fully booked, however, so their participation would be limited.

greg80303

If you are referring to Internet Relay Chat, then no. However, OCAP applications with proper priviliges can access network resources just like they would on your PC. So, it is conceivable that you could write an IRC client application for OCAP.
G