Skip to main content

How to Enable the lowest level of trace for MPE in RI ?

2 replies [Last post]
svikrant

Hi All,
If i want to enable the lowest level of trace ( let's say TRACE9) for a particular module. How can I achieve it ?
I tried modifying the mpeenv.ini file for the same.
If I do LOG.MPE.STORAGE = ALL DEBUG // All the logs up to debug levels will be enabled for storage module.
But if I have to debug trace7 or trace 5 level, The what should be the parameter for this.
I tied with : LOG.MPE.STORAGE = ALL and LOG.MPE.STORAGE = ALL TRACE, but it didn't work.
Any assistance in this respect will be appreciated.

Reply viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
suntec

As I know, "ALL" parameter turns on FATAL, ERROR, WARN, and INFO level so that LOG.MPE.STORAGE = ALL is exactly the same as LOG.MPE.STORAGE = FATAL ERROR WARN INFO.
While "DEBUG" parameter turns on DEBIG level, "TRACE" parameter turns on all trace level (TRACE1 ~ TRACE9).
But, there seems no TRACE level of print statement in storagemgr.c and mpeos_storage.c.
If you want to enable the lowest level of storage module, "ALL DEBUG" would be appropriate.

svikrant

Thank you for your input, I have taken storage module just for an example, not aware that it does not have trace logs . There were other modules(like MPE.OS) also where i have enabled the same way and i did not receive the expected log. Sorry for that confusion.

As you mentioned specifying LOG.MPE.XXMODULEXX = ALL, will give logs only till info level. Also by LOG.MPE.XXMODULEXX = ALL TRACE, debug level will be missed.
So as per your input, my understanding is if I need all level of logs : ie from FATAL till TRACE level in a module, by specifying LOG.MPE.XXMODULEXX = ALL DEBUG TRACE i should be able to achieve that.
I tried this in MPE.OS module and was able to get all levels of logs :).