Skip to main content

Do stack really need to dispatch ENTRY_STATE_CHANGE event for RecordingRequest delete() operation ??

3 replies [Last post]
svikrant

Hi All,
When recRequest.delete() is called, it internally stops the recording and then it deletes the recording. During the process, after stop() the stack dispatches ENTRY_STATE_CHANGE (for INCOMPLETE_STATE) event followed by ENTRY_DELETED.
MY QUESTION : Do the stack need to really dispatch ENTRY_STATE_CHANGE for INCOMPLETE_STATE when it is finally going to delete the recording giving "ENTRY_DELETED"??
Issue : If i want to track whether the delete is succesful or not . I am looking for ENTRY_DELETED but before ENTRY_DELETED the stack dispatches ENTRY_STATE_CHANGE (for INCOMPLETE_STATE), my code is handling ENTRY_STATE_CHANGE separately where i query the recordingState by calling recordingChangedEvent.getRecordingRequest().getState(); But by the time i query the state for ENTRY_STATE_CHANGE event, the stack deletes the recording moves the state to DESTROYED state which results in IllegalStateException even though the ENTRY_DELETED event is not dispatched by the stack.
I feel it would be better if the user is given only ENTRTY_DELETED callback only after delete opertaion. Let the recording get stopped but notifying the appication for INCOMPLETE_STATE is not worth in delete case where tha main intention is to receive ENTRY_DELETED.
Please let me know your inputs on this.

Reply viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
cpratt

Not only is the signaling of transitions from IN_PROGRESS->INCOMPLETE->DELETED unnecessary, the "oldState" value on the RecordingchangedEvent(INCOMPLETE) notification was an invalid state value (4104).
Both issues were corrected with change 14725 (committed 2011-02-09).
This change fixes a couple of unnecessary or invalid state notifications. But primarily, RecordingRequest.delete() no longer results in a state transition from IN_PROGRESS to INCOMPLETE. And the INCOMPLETE notification no longer passes "4104" (the internal DESTROYED state value) as "oldState".

cpratt

Note that you'll probably want change 15003 as well - as the above change caused an issue when delete()-ing a PENDING RecordingRequest.
Both of the changes are incorporated into 1.1.4 Rel-F.

svikrant

Thanks Pratt for this info.
This change will surely help the app developer from handling unwanted illegal state exception for delete() operation.