Skip to main content

Couple of issues withEclipse Workbench

4 replies [Last post]
lduperval

I'm having a bit of trouble getting my application to use an XML (SAX) library. My two issues are:
1) In Eclipse, I packaged the application and the classes for the XML library. When I run, I get an AccessControlException when I try to get an instance of my XML parser. The message says "access denied" with nothing else because of my second issue.
2) In trying to debug this, i realized that I can't get any output to be printed on the RI's console. I tried System.out and System.err to no avail. What is the proper way to do this.
Any ideas?
Thanks,
L

Reply viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
greg80303

I have seen this issue with the console window, I'm not sure what is going on. You should probably open a bug in Issue Tracker about this.
You can see the full log for each run by going to the location where you installed your RI bundle:
<ri_bundle_dir>/ocap-ri/RILog.txt
That log should give you a better idea of what is going wrong. You can post more info here after you find it.

G

lduperval

Ah, yess that works. So the full error is:
javax.xml.parsers.FactoryConfigurationError: java.security.AccessControlException: access denied (java.lang.RuntimePermission getClassLoader)
I'm thinking that it's because the library files aren't packagfed properly, or some configuration is incorrect.
Any ideas? I havae a .perm file with my main class which states:
<permissionrequestfile xmlns:ocap="ocap" appid="0xff" orgid="0x2">
<file value="true"/>
<applifecyclecontrol value="true"/>
<tuning value="true"/>
<servicesel value="true"/>
<userpreferences read="true" write="false"/>
<dripfeed value="true"/>
</permissionrequestfile>
I tried an appid which was different from 0xff and still got the same error.
L

greg80303

Your XML library is loading, but it is trying to execute something that your application does not have permission for. Can you post the code from your XML library that is causing this exception?
G

lduperval

Unfortunately, I only have the binaries, I don't have the source code. I was hoping it was something in my setup, but looks like it isn't. :(
Thanks,
L