Skip to main content

Why to use taskdef?

3 replies [Last post]
abuhmead1987

Dears,

I add the resource file in a resource folder and add it to Resources in my J2ME Netbeans Project
I call the resources like themes and images and others simply without using the code bellow in build file

classpath="editor.jar"
classname="com.sun.lwuit.tools.resourcebuilder.LWUITTask"
name="build" />

So why you use it in the Developer Guide, and what it's useful?

Kind Regards,
Mohammad Abu Hmead

Reply viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
abuhmead1987

Anybody there?

vprise

The developer guide explains that some tasks make more sense programmatically while others make more sense visually. The Ant task is useful if your workflow is mostly technical, you don't have to use it. We used it quite allot in the past but as the resource editors UI improved we slowly migrated to doing everything via the resource editor. However, quite a few LWUIT developers still like working with the Ant tasks to generate resource files, this makes sense if you are more comfurtable editing a properties file than using a GUI tool. This is also practical for cases where multiple people work on the data and need version control systems to keep history of the text files for merges (e.g. localization files).

Eugen.Martynov

We use task to regenerate resources file with new localization files that we get from our another subsystem. All is automated in CI.