Skip to main content

Scrolling problem with list

3 replies [Last post]

I have a Container (flowlayout) holding a list, it works fine going up and down, but if I enable scrolling left and right (and i need to since text is too wide) then I can no longer scroll up and down it, making it impossible to use - any ideas please? This is worse on small screens because the text goes off the edge of the screen so I really need to scroll left and right but notat the cost of no scrolling up and down!

Reply viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
vprise

That behavior isn't supported.

The list is scrollable which means it handles the up and down scrolling behavior (providing you with animations and focus always within the screen). The list supports scrolling only on one axis which is one of the simplifications we made to make the list scale. You are effectively enabling scrolling on a different container hence "stealing" the scrolling responsibility from the list.

Normally we enable something like tickering to show off more details for a list element, if you would still like to provide a double axis scrolling I suggest you use a Container or ContainerList.

thanks very much - tickering sounds good but i didnt see any option for it, it works in the title bar but not seen in list - dbl axis scrollign would work in container or container list? then how would my items be represented? maybe use a label for each one instead of a list?

vprise

http://www.lwuit.com/2009/10/tickering-everywhere.html

If you use the GenericListCellRenderer you will get this seamlessly (GenericListCellRenderer is used by the GUI builder).