Skip to main content

LWUIT tutorials? Any find a distinct lack of examples for LWUIT?

4 replies [Last post]

I want to write out an XML file and read it back in using LWUIT4IO (I presume it handles all the memory card paths etc for you?) but I cant find a single example on this, help anyone? We need a page full of code snippets and tutorials for LWUIT, i will start adding some to my site as soon as I get them written!! :-)

Reply viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
daydah

Hi 68060! Vprise has kept his word - apparently they are working on a Hands on Lab for LWUIT and its available here.
I visited your site but I didn't find any tutorials there yet.
Vprise and 68060, if you need any assistance coming up with tutorials, I am willing to help out.
I believe it will help a humongous number of people looking for a way out.
Vprise, please can you include XML parsing in the HoL? I think it will be very very helpful, thanks.

vprise

Not so much a tutorial:

http://lwuit.blogspot.com/2011/08/parsing-in-lwuit-lwuit4io.html

You can see an example of parsing XML in the RSSService class within LWUIT4IO. We have a very long list of things we need to document better and are working hard on closing the sample apps gap.

yes thanks i saw that, it helped me get started, im goin to write some tutiruals on how to do this stuff in lwuit very soon and post them to my site www.radiantsilverlabs.com, ive worked out quite a bit but i feel there needs to be more snippets of code around for people!

vprise

I agree we do need more samples,