Skip to main content

LWUIT Integration

5 replies [Last post]
arshan18

Good day! I am almost finished with my mobile application which is a dictionary which can load image and play audio pronunciation of the term that was being searched. my only concern as of now is that, the application does not have any user interface. i'm just wondering if it is possible to integrate LWUIT into the application just to have its design done. anyway, i'm just in need of simple design with certain buttons. i am looking forward for your response. it would be a great help because it's for study purposes. this one is a capstone project. thank you!

Reply viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
vprise

Everything is possible. However, GUI requires quite a allot of work.

arshan18

thank you for your response. i already have the codes of the application, whenever i start designing the GUI, are my codes going to be changed or altered?

vprise

If you use the GUI builder you need to work based on the project structure the GUI builder expects. The LWUIT ResourceEditor generates a project once and then regenerates a base class (StateMachineBase by default).

You can copy your source into this newly generated project and just invoke your source from the StateMachine class.

arshan18

thank you for your response. but may i ask you on how will i invoke the source from the statemachine?

vprise

Just keep an instance of your class and invoke a method on it just like you always would. I'm not sure I see the difficulty here?

Please try to be more specific.