Skip to main content

In LWUIT how to fix the height of center container in a border layout and let the components in the center container scroll?

Please note these java.net forums are being decommissioned and use the new and improved forums at https://community.oracle.com/community/java.
1 reply [Last post]
swdeveloper11

Hi, I am new to LWUIT. I have set the content pane's layout to BorderLayout. I have some components in center container and some in south countainer. When number of components in the center container increases, the container in the south goes out of the screen. I want the container in the south always visible and inside the dimentions of my screen. To solve this problem, I set the preferred height of the center container to total height - height of south container. Now, the south container never leaves the dimensions of my screen and is always visible, but the components in the center container never scroll and so I never see the components which are out of the center container's demensions. How can I scroll those components in the center container whose height is fixed?

Reply viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
vprise

<br />
myForm.setScrollable(false);<br />
myCenterContainer.setScrollableY(true);<br />