Skip to main content

LWUIT Blackberry - empty menu

Please note these java.net forums are being decommissioned and use the new and improved forums at https://community.oracle.com/community/java.
1 reply [Last post]
gazy

Ive got a midlet which I have managed to build and run on Blackberry using RIM_UI blackberry lwuit port. It works pretty nice apart from:
- "back" commands dont appear in the menu when I hit the blackberry menu key, I can use setBackCommand instead to make it work with the blackberry back key which is fine actually - just wondering why they don appear, the rest do..
- if there is no commands on that screen (ie only a back command which wont get added) then the blackberry menu key brigns up an empty menu, which is misleading, ugly and pointless, is there a way to stop the menu appearing if it has nothing on it? I dont mind if the user has to hit the blackberry back key but I want the empty menu to simply not appear when they hit the blackberry menu key..
Thanks in advance folks,
Gaz.

Reply viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
vprise

Did you change the command behavior flag in your application? (or use touch commands/native commands API's).
By default these should work just fine and back should stay in place on the blackberry.